Tuesday 8 November 2011

Divorce Party






My friend has finally got divorced and it was cause to celebrate. I learnt more about my friend that weekend and I think she is amazing. She's one of the most courageous women I know and she's amazing.




Her parents arranged a marriage for her at 17, she became pregnant soon after. She was desperately unhappy and after about 5 years of marriage they separated. Her husband finally signed the divorce papers this year and what would have been their 13th wedding anniversary we bundled off to Derbyshire for a celebratory weekend.


When we started planning the weekend it started as a joke, but it became an anti-wedding. We had an playlist, a best woman's speech, a first dance, the throwing of a bouquet, a ceremonious removal of the ball and chain and a tiered cake made by yours truly.


It was a wonderful weekend, we had an ace curry on the friday night, the property we rented had a sauna and I had Malibo with snowflakes in it!

One of the girls there is a photographer so we bullied her into taking pics of us modelling.


Oh and it was a goth theme

No comments:

Post a Comment