Saturday 1 December 2012

New York, New York

My Bestie and I went to Belgium together last Christmas and had a great time, which was just as well as it was practice for spending two weeks in New York together. Siân had never been to New York before, this was my fourth time. 


We flew on American Airlines (never again), I've flown Continential before and was more luxurious. I don't mind flying, it is the boredom that I hate, American Airlines showed one film, on one screen for every five rows (crooked neck). But its one of those things you just have to deal with to get there.


Our bus dropped us at Grand Central from here, it's a short walk to our hotel, once checked in and showered we did what was inevitable. We went to Starbucks. We got Iced Caramel Macs and sat in Bryant Park, which I have to say is one of my favourites in New York. 

After this, we went for a little wonder around our local area to help Siân become familiar with it. So the other inevitability was we ended up with a cocktail in our hands! 

With a some food and too many cocktails in our bellies, we went to Times Square. I cannot recommend this enough, if you have never been to New York before, do not rush to Times Square, wait until night fall. At this time the lights are spectacular and the atmosphere will blow you away, it's how it is meant to be seen!


No comments:

Post a Comment